Vistra Makes a Gift of $25,000 to The Columbus Urban League
July 10, 2020
Vistra announces support of $25,000 to the Columbus Urban League. As a leading Fortune 275 energy company, Vistra is strong and diverse but determined to do more by reaffirming our stand against racial injustice and continuing to build upon our commitment to support the advancement of minority communities.
To further this goal, Vistra is proud to announce that we are committing $10 million over the next five years to support national, state, and local organizations that grow minority-owned small businesses, enhance economic development and provide and improve educational opportunities for students from diverse backgrounds. Today’s announcement is consistent with the key focus areas of the company’s giving policy and builds upon Vistra’s donations in excess of $30 million over the past several years to benefit low-income and minority communities.
Vistra is immediately making donations totaling nearly $1.5 million to a number of proven organizations that impact the communities where the company operates. Ongoing donations will be made in the coming weeks, months, and years.
- Black Father-Daughter Dance chance to make memories
- Father-daughter dance ‘the crown jewel’ of Black Girl Dad Week, Feb. 12-18
- Dispatch Guest Column: Stop ‘cancelling’ others. It’s time to rise above mistrust, open our minds and listen.
- Columbus Urban League planning to continue program to help youths stay out of crime
- Columbus looks to strengthen its neighborhood violence prevention program