Songs of Hope and Healing with Crucial Conversations Preview
Courtesy of ABC 6/WSYX
by Latricia Polk
August 1st, 2020
Byron Stripling and Bobby Floyd performs on Good Day Columbus (GDC)
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) — It’s called the ‘Song of Hope and Jazz’ concert sponsored by the Columbus Urban League and the Jazz Arts group.
Columbus Jazz Arts Orchestra artistic director Byron Stripling discusses “Songs of Hope and Healing with Crucial Conversations’ to Good Day Columbus’ Maria Durant and Jackie Orozco.
It’s a special live stream concert filled with a joyous and uplifting hour of an inspirational song featuring Columbus’ finest musicians and crucial conversations on social justice and unity.
The live stream concert is Saturday, Aug. 1. at 7:00 PM on Facebook.
- Black Father-Daughter Dance chance to make memories
- Father-daughter dance ‘the crown jewel’ of Black Girl Dad Week, Feb. 12-18
- Dispatch Guest Column: Stop ‘cancelling’ others. It’s time to rise above mistrust, open our minds and listen.
- Columbus Urban League planning to continue program to help youths stay out of crime
- Columbus looks to strengthen its neighborhood violence prevention program