Youth Empowerment Program Interest Form
The Columbus Urban League’s (CUL) former Summer Youth Empowerment Program (SYEP) has been replaced by the REAL Potential Youth Empowerment Program (REAL). REAL is a provider of Franklin County Department of Job & Family Services’ A.M.P. (Achieve More & Prosper) Comprehensive Case Management & Employment Program. A.M.P.-REAL serves youth 14-18 years old from low-income households who are currently enrolled in middle or high school.
Important changes to note:
- We no longer offer a separate summer job program.
- A.M.P.-REAL offers a year-round engagement program that includes a summer work experience component.
- Acceptance into A.M.P.-REAL requires a commitment from the youth (with parental support) to monthly involvement in a variety of activities during the school year from September to May.
- A.M.P.-REAL is designed to be more comprehensive and personal than the previous summer job program.
- Our aim is to help remove barriers, overcome obstacles and meet challenges empowering teens to personal success.
- A.M.P.-REAL helps teens explore, define, and pursue personal, educational, and career goals.
- A.M.P.-REAL is an eligibility-based program; qualifications consider household income and barriers to education and/or work.
- Due to requirements from Franklin County Job & Family Services our current program enrollment is limited to those eligible youth who were participants in the 2018 A.M.P.-REAL program. We do not have any openings for new enrollment for Spring or Summer 2019.
To express future interest in the A.M.P.-REAL program for Fall 2019 or later and to be included on an email list for possible future communication, please complete the following interest application form:
Please understand that submitting this Interest Form places you on an email list but this is not an application for participation in A.M.P.-REAL. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept additional students until further notice.