STATE OF OHIO BUSINESS CERTIFICATIONS
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE):
The State of Ohio’s Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Program is designed to assist minority businesses in obtaining state government contracts through a set aside procurement program for goods and services.
Encouraging Diversity Growth & Equity (EDGE):
The State of Ohio recognizes the need to encourage, nurture and support the growth of economically and socially underutilized businesses to foster their development. The EDGE Program provides an “EDGE” to small businesses by Encouraging Diversity Growth and Equity in public contracting. EDGE is an assistance program for economically and socially disadvantaged business enterprises.
Veteran-Friendly Business Enterprise (VBE):
The State of Ohio’s Veteran-Friendly Business Enterprise (VBE) Procurement program provides preference or bonus points to certified companies that compete to contract with the state to supply the goods or services it needs, including eligible construction services. In order to be eligible for certification, the applicant business must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- At least 10% of its employees are veterans or on active service;
- At least 51% of the applicant business is owned by veterans or persons on active service;
- If the applicant business is a corporation, 51% of which is not owned by veterans or persons on active service, at least 51% of the board of directors are veterans or persons on active service; or
- The business is certified by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business or a Veteran-Owned Small Business.
Women Business Enterprise (WBE):
The State of Ohio’s Women Business Enterprise (WBE) program is designed to assist women-owned businesses in obtaining contracts for goods and services, construction, architecture, engineering, information technology, and professional services. The WBE program does not apply a procurement goal or set-aside target for state government contracts. The State of Ohio developed the program because it recognized the need to encourage, nurture and support the growth of women businesses to foster their development and increase the number of qualified competitors in the marketplace.
Ready to Apply for Certification?
If so, follow these steps… If not, call us or fill out the form at left:
- Go to the: Ohio Business Gateway
- Click on New User to create a User Name and Password
- At next screen, go to drop down list. Select: Start a Service or Transaction
- At next screen, select: Equal Opportunity Division
- At next screen, select: Unified Appliction
- Answer all questions
- EOD will not receive your application unless the “Check Out” process is completed on the OBG website and you receive a confirmation number. (Please refer to the instructions above for how to properly check out a form on OBG)
- Although the check out process includes a button that reads: “Checkout (Ready to File and Pay),” please note that there is NO FEE required to submit a form to EOD when you click the button. All EOD forms are completely FREE to submit.
- A confirmation number will be provided if the form is successfully checked out on OBG.
- EOD will receive an application the following business day.
- EOD will be unable to process a MBE and/or EDGE application or cross-certification until supporting documentation is received in the office. The supporting document checklist will be a link on your confirmation receipt.