The State of Ohio’s Veteran-Friendly Business Enterprise (VBE) Procurement program provides preference or bonus points to certified companies that compete to contract with the state to supply the goods or services it needs, including eligible construction services.
Steps for VBE Certification
The applicant must complete a Veteran-Friendly Business Enterprise application and provide supporting documentation as required (a list of which can be found here). The business applying for certification must provide records verifying veteran status, which demonstrate an owner’s or employee’s status as a veteran or person on active service. Acceptable records include:
- United States Department of Defense form 214 (DD-214);
- United States Department of Defense form 215 (DD-215);
- United States Uniformed identification card (DD Form 2);
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs identification card;
- United States Department of Defense military identification;
- Ohio driver’s license with armed forces logo;
- National Guard Bureau Form 22 (NGB-22); or
- Any other official documentation verifying status.
Steps to Certification