As its name suggests, the State of Ohio’s EDGE program provides an EDGE to small businesses by Encouraging Diversity, Growth and Equity in public contracting. EDGE is an assistance program for economically and socially disadvantaged business enterprises.
Socially disadvantaged criteria
(Must meet one criterion below)
Socially disadvantaged individuals are those who have at least one objective distinguishing feature that has significantly inhibited their business success, such as:
- Ethnic Origin
- Physical/Mental Disability
- Long-Term Residency in an environment isolated from mainstream Ohio society
- Other objective relevant reason(s)
Economically disadvantaged criteria
(Must meet both criteria below)
Economically disadvantaged owners must meet the following thresholds:
- Personal net worth of each owner must not exceed $250,000 at program entry.
- Personal net worth of each owner must not exceed $750,000 during program participation.