Kashif Smiley, Columbus CEO Future 50 class of 2022
Courtesy of Columbus CEO
By Jess Deyo
December 28, 2021
Director, head of tech recruiting, Capital One
Community: Each year Kashif helps plan a turkey drive to give out over 1,000 turkeys to families in need and plans a toy drive to give out over 1,000 toys to kids in underrepresented communities. Kashif also volunteers around 150 hours each year with JPMorgan Chase, Columbus Urban League Young Professionals and his fraternity. He sits on two foundation boards.
Future 50 class of 2022: See who made the list
Idea: Quarterly random acts of kindness—Each quarter, the Future 50 could have a project that helps with positive change. For example, a sock and blanket drive for the homeless during the winter, efforts to bring life back to playgrounds in the spring, and for the summer we could plan a music festival to provide entertainment for our community and attract people to the area.
- Black Father-Daughter Dance chance to make memories
- Father-daughter dance ‘the crown jewel’ of Black Girl Dad Week, Feb. 12-18
- Dispatch Guest Column: Stop ‘cancelling’ others. It’s time to rise above mistrust, open our minds and listen.
- Columbus Urban League planning to continue program to help youths stay out of crime
- Columbus looks to strengthen its neighborhood violence prevention program