2018 National Urban League Conference
We are pleased to report that the National Urban League will hold its 2018 conference in Columbus!
The four-day conference will be held in August and could draw 20,000 visitors and add $4.6 million to the local economy, according to Experience Columbus, the city’s convention and visitors bureau.
Visit our conference page for full info: www.cul.org/conference/
Quick Facts About the Nation Urban League Conference:
What is it?
- The National Urban League Conference is the largest annual civil rights conference. It lasts four days from Wednesday to Saturday. It kicks off with a keynote address on the State of the Urban League by NUL president Marc Morial, and ends with Community & Family Day and young professionals leadership development training.
- It attracts thousands of the nation’s most influential community leaders, together with top policy-makers, business leaders, leading experts, celebrities and media for four days of dynamic dialogue, networking and entertainment.
What should I expect?
- The goal of the conference is to engage attendees in discussions of the pressing issues facing Africans Americans and solutions to address these challenges. The major issues that are discussed at the conference include social and economic inequality across America, improving education in disadvantaged communities, increasing jobs and job training, health and quality of life issues that threaten the lives of African Americans and other minorities, creating quality affordable housing options and creating small business opportunities in African American communities
- The theme of this year’s conference, Save Our Cities: Powering the Digital Revolution. Learn more at www.cul.org/conference/.
- Key highlights of the conference will include dynamic keynote presentations, town halls and luncheons, a black tie Gala, the expo, Career Fair, the Young Professionals YP L.E.A.D. (Leaders. Entrepreneurs. Advocates. Dreamers) Summit, the Small Business Matters Entrepreneurs One-Day Summit, and the Youth Leadership Summit.
- The conference includes multiple events that are free and open to registered attendees as well as the local community including, the conference kick off; the Career Fair; Expo; Small Business Matters One-day Entrepreneurship Summit; a Back-to-School Extravaganza; a Health & Wellness Zone providing free health screenings; and Community & Family Day.
Who will be in attendance?
- Over 20,000 national and local citizens attend the conference.
- On average, 4,000 to 6,000 participants come from across the country to attend the conference, and another 10,000 come from the local community and surrounding areas.
- The Conference offers an array of opportunities for companies to connect to the African American community, engage a diverse group of professionals, build partnerships and network with community leaders including Urban League affiliate presidents, National Urban League and affiliate Board members, presidents of the affiliate auxiliary guild chapters and over 350 members of affiliate young professionals’ chapters.