Emergency Rental Assistance 2021
Are You Behind On Your Rent? We Can Help
Exactly What Is Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA)?
We know. It’s been a rough year and a half. It’s still rough. If you’re behind on your rent, ERA is a program to help you get caught up and back on track. Keep reading to learn more.
How Much Assistance Is Available?
Everybody’s situation is different, so the amount of assistance you may receive will be geared to you and your specific needs. You could be able to get current on your rent, and even get up to three months ahead.
In addition to rental assistance, you may be able to get help with your utilities and Internet.
Am I Eligible?
You may qualify for ERA if:
- You rent your home.
- Your household income meets the limits of the program. The chart on the right will give you an idea, but talk to us to be sure.
- You are at risk of becoming homeless.
- You qualified for unemployment, or had a decrease in income or an increase in expenses, because of Covid-19.
How Do I Apply?
First, you will need to answer a few prequalifying questions. After that, you will have to fill out an application for assistance, and provide any required documentation.
Make sure that the amount you request will be accepted by your landlord. If they disagree with the amount, the processing of your application may be delayed.
What Documents are Required?
- Valid driver’s license/photo I.D. for main applicant
- Social Security card for every member of the household (or other proof of citizenship)
(Note: Undocumented immigrants are also eligible for assistance)
- Signed lease
- Ledger of payments and accrued charges, and leasing agency W9 provided by landlord
- May require documentation verifying your emergency
- Proof of 2020 annual income OR 90 days’ proof of income for everyone 18 and over in the household
(2020 annual income examples include W2s, 1040 (tax return), etc.)
(90 days examples include employment pay stubs, SSI award letter, etc.)
Don’t Go Through It Alone
You don’t need to go through this by yourself. We’re here to help.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-484-9110.