National Urban League Conference AUGUST 1-4
Join us in Columbus for four power-packed days, as thought leaders and influencers in business, politics, entertainment and community activism convene to address the digital revolution. More than 20,000 people are expected to attend the nation’s largest annual civil rights conference, August 1-4 at the Columbus Convention Center.
“Save Our Cities: Powering the Digital Revolution” will explore the role of cutting-edge technology in every aspect of today’s social and economic landscape, and bring together leading digital innovators in business and industry, government, community and the arts to confront the nation’s challenges and chart a path to success.
Speakers for the 2018 National Urban League Conference include Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer for Facebook, and Tarana Burke, Founder of the #MeToo Movement. U.S. Rep. Joyce Beatty (Ohio’s 3rd District) and Former Mayor of Columbus Michael B. Coleman are among several other distinguished speakers scheduled.
And don’t miss an unforgettable performance from Fantasia at the Whitney M. Young Jr. Awards Gala.
To become a local sponsor and be included in the celebration of CUL’s 100th anniversary (some levels include conference registration), visit our Centennial Campaign Sponsor page.
The 2018 National Urban League Conference Welcome Reception, hosted by the Columbus Urban League. We are grateful for the support of the following sponsors:
(The Welcome Reception is for conference attendees and invited guests only)
Small Business Reception
(Small Business Reception is by invitation only)
As a volunteer, choose from a wide array of activities and events, including hosting important conversations, distributing backpacks to kids in need, walking with National Urban League President Marc Morial or sitting down to mentor people seeking to practice their job interviewing skills. (To name a few!)
If you’re 18+, sign up today! It’s easy:
- Go to the CERVIS volunteer page
- Learn more about specific volunteer opportunities by searching Service Events titled: 2018 National Urban League Conference, then click on the option(s) that most interest you.
- Either connect to or follow the directions to create a volunteer profile when you go to the “Login to CERVIS” prompt.
- After you’ve logged in, choose a date and time to volunteer that fits your schedule and/or make edits to your volunteer profile or even unregister for an event.
- When finished, click on the “Complete Registration” button.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about volunteering during the 2018 National Urban League Annual Conference.
Join us on Saturday, August 4 from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the Back To School Community & Family Day. This free event will take place at the Greater Columbus Convention Center (400 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215).
Grab your family and friends and join us for fun, entertainment and resources, featuring:
- FREE backpacks and school supplies (while supplies last)
- FREE Health Screenings
- Pop up Barber Shop & Hair Salon
- FREE Farmer’s Market
- Information and Resources
- Live Entertainment, Games and Prizes
The Back to School Community & Family Day is presented by Geico, JP Morgan Chase, WBNS 10-TV and the National & Columbus Urban Leagues.
Have an unanswered question about the conference? Please use the form on this page to submit. Please note that all questions about other CUL programs & initiatives must go through the Contact Page.