Columbus Urban League teaming with local employer to diversify workforce
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX) — Pushing for diversity within the high-paying trade industry is a major focus of the Columbus Urban League. Local companies believe it’s key to their future business success.
Tuesday, November 22nd 2022
A new program aims to connect Central Ohio organizations to their next line of business leaders. This project is all a part of the Diversity Pipeline Program. It’s focused on breaking barriers and taking businesses across Central Ohio to the next level.
Columbus-based, Superior Group is one of the best electrical contracting companies in the region. Senior Vice-President Jordan Leopold explained that the company’s workforce is key to its success. That’s why recruitment is vital.
“There’s a tremendous need for construction skilled trades talent here in Central Ohio,” said Leopold. “The construction industry needs more diversity and inclusivity as a whole.”
- Black Father-Daughter Dance chance to make memories
- Father-daughter dance ‘the crown jewel’ of Black Girl Dad Week, Feb. 12-18
- Dispatch Guest Column: Stop ‘cancelling’ others. It’s time to rise above mistrust, open our minds and listen.
- Columbus Urban League planning to continue program to help youths stay out of crime
- Columbus looks to strengthen its neighborhood violence prevention program