Charles Hill, Columbus CEO Future 50 class of 2022
Courtesy of Columbus CEO
By Jess Deyo
December 28, 2021
Vice president, programs and operations, Columbus Urban League
Community: United Way of Central Ohio Key Club, Harvest Preparatory School coach
Future 50 class of 2022: See who made the list
Idea: I would like to see Future 50 develop a sustainable program similar to what Joe DeLoss and Hot Chicken Takeover have done. His program helps people who are re-entering society and giving them opportunity. Future 50 could expand on that idea and create a clear pathway for justice-involved citizens to get a trade skill and help with the affordable housing situation in our community. Success could be measured by the number of jobs completed and by the number of full-time hires. We can train these citizens on how to rehab vacant properties in our city and provide quality homes. The group can work on getting stipend money from corporate partners to pay the tradespeople while they are learning, and then companies can hire them for future projects within the community. This project could bring hope and opportunity to communities that are often underrepresented.
- Black Father-Daughter Dance chance to make memories
- Father-daughter dance ‘the crown jewel’ of Black Girl Dad Week, Feb. 12-18
- Dispatch Guest Column: Stop ‘cancelling’ others. It’s time to rise above mistrust, open our minds and listen.
- Columbus Urban League planning to continue program to help youths stay out of crime
- Columbus looks to strengthen its neighborhood violence prevention program