The Columbus Urban League’s (CUL) Housing Services Department (HS) is a HUD-certified counseling agency that has met the National Industry Standard’s Code of Ethics and Conduct for Homeownership Professionals. CUL’s HSS department staff has over 60 years of experience in providing high quality housing programs and services. The HSS department offers:
- Pre-purchase Education, an eight (8) hour homebuyer/homeownership education course; Click here for the 2014 education course dates.
- Individual credit/budget Counseling;
- Post-purchase Counseling;
- Foreclosure Prevention Counseling. Click here for foreclosure forms (all forms must be completed prior to your appointment); Click here for a list of the 2013 Foreclosure Seminar dates.
- Landlord/Tenant Counseling
- Housing Discrimination Counseling
Appointments are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and later appointments are avaliable on Tuesday and Thursday.
If anyone feels that they are being discriminated against by a landlord, or housing provider, they can contact the Housing Support Services Department at 614-372-2345.
Ohio Civil Rights Commission at http://crc.ohio.gov/
City of Columbus at http://development.columbus.gov/housing/
Franklin County at http://development.franklincountyohio.gov/